Result Area 4
(MYSAP Inland) aims to strengthen the value chains for small fish farming in Shan and Sagaing in a sustainable and inclusive manner, improving the availability and access to aquaculture products for disadvantaged population groups. Main activities are:
- Establish an Aquatic Education Centre in Nyaung Shwe to provide a platform for the promotion of the local culture, traditional fishing methods and research facility.
- Train small scale aquaculture farmer groups in pond management, integrated vegetable production, improved human nutrition and financial literacy.
- Support hatcheries, nurseries and grow out farms to improve access to fingerlings of GIFT tilapia, carp and small indigenous fish species.
- Conduct food processing and value added training for women to strengthen their place in the value chain.
- Support rice-fish system demonstration units