Result Area 3
(MYSAP Coast) strengthens the competitiveness of black tiger shrimp and mud crab value chains in Ayeyarwady and Yangon Regions, considering environmental sustainability, climate resilience and social inclusiveness. Main activities are:
- Strengthen mud crab aquaculture by supporting the establishment the country’s first mud crab hatchery.
- Support renovating shrimp hatcheries that work as a hub for seed distribution to farmers in the regions.
- Assist salt farmers in setting up Artemia production in their farms as additional income and input into the shrimp value chain.
- Rehabilitate mangrove forest through expanding shrimpmangrove polyculture systems to improve income, sustainability and climate resilience.
- Train farmers on value added and post-harvest handling.